Monday, August 10, 2015

Relax at the fish spa




Updates from Jacob...

Dear Family,

I am glad to hear that the family is doing well even with all the
crazy hospital visits. That is crazy that it all happened so close to
each other. Over here, we have just been dealing the affects of what
happens when bad sickness hits a small house like ours. Elder Chapman
got way sick two weeks ago and then this last week me and my companion got
the same sickness. We were both more lucky than Elder Chapman. His
took him almost 10 days to get over and for me and the comp it took only
about two days.

This week was super slow for us with not too much to report on my end, but I
will do my best to think of some things to email home. Well something
that is new is that the rainy season has just started again and now it
is worse than I have ever seen it. When it starts raining over here it
never stops. I think while we were sick it rained for about two straight
days. To say that the water tables were up is an understatement. But
even with it being as bad as it was we were able to work one day and
head to some of our investigators. We have this one family that is
really progressing well. The Norico family. The main member is
Sister Roxanne. She is 15 years old and we just headed to their house
and asked her if she would come to church. She said yes maybe, so we
kinda counted her out. But then when Sunday came around, she was there
at church and that is so sweet for us to have someone who wants to
come and progress to baptism.

Yeah other than that we have just been getting better and catching up
on the reading and journal entries. It's funny I feel the same as I did
last year when my birthday rolled around. Last year I was working and
now this year we are just fully engulfed in the work with not too much time
to celebrate. But yeah I am pumped for this Saturday. We have a small
get together planned for that day but not much. Today was super fun. We
all headed to Miag-ao to chill with Elder Larson and all the boys from
up north. It was way fun. We decided that we wanted to do something
crazy. We headed to this sushi place that is owned by this Japanese
Brother. The place is way sick. It also has a fish spa in the back that was
crazy. It does feel way interesting, not the most relaxing thing but
still fun.

I love you all and wish that I could spend this time with you but this
is the life of a missionary. I hope that you all have a good week and
try to take is easy and not get too crazy with the schedule. I love you
mom and dad. Tell all the brothers and my sister that I love them too and
for them to behave and listen to you.

Love Elder Swanton




No comments:

Post a Comment