Tuesday, October 6, 2015

No problem, it will grow out.



Updates from Jacob....

Dear Family,

Holy, for the second week in a row you all have had a crazier week than
me. I will clear this up real quick, no we did not get to watch
conference hopefully this weekend we will be able to hear it. And also
my comp was super sick this week so we were not able to work for most
of the week but we still had some cool stuff happen.

Monday we got to head in the city and go to the SM City mall and do
some shopping and have some crazy fun. I was able to pick up some of
the sickest socks I have ever seen and also print some pictures for
some of my favorites in this branch. After we were able to eat as a
bunch of brothers at McDonald's. It is always so fun to be with
everyone, Elder Larson and I snuck into a Music shop and we had a jam
session with some of their guitars. It was a blast and Elder Larson
and I have made the decision that after the mission we will be Wedding
Singers.

Wednesday I was able to travel down to the mission office with Elder
Larson and the other District Leaders for DLC. It is a conference where
we all get together and talk about how we can help the mission. It was
so good to be able to see all my boys that I have not seen for a
while. After some good training we all came to the answer that our
mission needs to change and it starts with us.

The next half of the week we were house bound because Elder Mudrow got
really bad food poisoning. It kinda kept him in the bed and me, well
all I was doing was reading the scriptures and Jesus the Christ. Which
by the way I was able to finish it, it was a real eye opener for me. I
learned a lot about the Saviors life and how much he really had to go
through to atone for all of us.

The worst thing that happened this week was when I went to get a
haircut before the DLC, as most of you know I had been trying to grow
my hair out like a hipster and that all came crumbling down when I got
that haircut. I told him to take a little off the top and sides. The
next thing I know I was looking like Uncle Ben in the summer time.
BALD is the word that would describe me know. All the other Elders
call me the White Shaq which is cool with me cause you know that I am
a beast.

I love you all and hope that you had a good week.

Love Elder Swanton


No comments:

Post a Comment