Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hard work, hot bikes and everybody loves bacon...

Updates from Jacob.....

All I can say is wow. This week was a long one. To start with yes, we had zone conference and it was a interesting experience, the new Zone leaders are Elder Wadman and Elder Handal, they both came from very different places, one came from Aklan and the other from Iloilo central. But yeah it was super fun cause we got to see everyone again and that night we all went and stayed in Sibalom. But yeah then we headed on home and cleaned the house cause it was filthy.  The rest of the week we were preparing Bevelyn Ceslestial for baptism. She had a Word of Wisdom issue and she is 8 years old. So yeah that was interesting for me to see a 8 year old girl who drinks coffee every morning. We got that cleaned up and it all was good she had been clean for about 10 days and the Branch President said that we could baptise her on Saturday. We have some other investigators in the Burunguy Tica its way up in the Bukid with the rice fields. I have included some pictures of the kids and the sunset from the house we taught at. It is a family and there are so many little girls and teenager girls its nuts. Like it is literally nuts. I have no idea what is going on the whole time. The kids here are so funny they think they are so funny so they call me a baka, or a baboy. That means cow and pig. Little do they know I can understand them and then I pick them up and spin them around and they are quiet real quick. Haha I love it.
 To end the week on Saturday I finally had that one great day. It was uncle Ben who told me" that for every Great day you will have 30 bad ones". I know that statement is true, these past few weeks have just been the hardest ever. And it all came to an end on Saturday. We woke up bright and early  and headed for the Celsetial house.  We got them and headed all the way down to Gesuan, the place where we do all the baptisms. The Ocean felt so good and we had an amazing Baptismal Service. After the baptism we got on a jeepney for about an hour and finally got to Patanogon. It is on the edge of our area. We were looking for a referral that we had received. When we found them, I can truly say that I have never seen anyone who was more ready for the gospel in my life. The tatay was so happy to see us. The previous week he had asked for a blessing and some Elders from the San Jose area had come and given him one. He had been having heart problems and was not doing too well. He said they taught him how to pray and he prayed every night since then and he was feeling a ton better. I feel really good about them and hope that everything we do will help them in the end.
But yeah The week was good. The pictures I'm sending are of the Cagunda kids and the area in Tica, and also the baptism and the biggest pig I have ever seen in my life. Like you guys have no idea how big it is, almost 800 kg do the math please for them mom. For dad some pics of the average bikes around here and to finish some pictures of the Tatoy family. They are my main go to people here. They cook for us if we are hungry and have clean water when we are thirsty. 
 Love you all and cant wait till next week.
Elder Swanton
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment