Monday, April 13, 2015

Conference reboot

Update from Jacob....

Dear family,
This past week has been really, really slow/ Other than we finally got to watch conference, nothing really happened in the area at all. The work here has really started to slow down. All of the investigators that we have are not progressing and they really show no signs of progression. Also tell Micheal and Adee that I am proud of both of them for doing their best at the sports and tell Ethan to get out there and kill it. It looks like you are all having a good time and I hope that this last week was a good one.I will try to explain some of the good that has been going on.

Well, I will just jump to the best part of the week. That of course is conference. We had the opportunity to go down to San Jose and watch it in the air-conditioned chapel and man that was a miracle and a blessing. I have never listened to a whole general conference in my entire life and man it was so cool. I really love Elder Holland's talk and there were so many other great talks. The bad part was that I lost my notebook so I have no notes on the whole conference and I can't remember my favorite talks. The main message that definitely stood out to me this conference is the importance of the family and how on all fronts the family is being attacked. I also loved how the priesthood was mentioned so much and how they say that it is our duty as members of the priesthood to endure and to protect our family. Since I got over here my view of how the priesthood works and how worthy we always need to be to use it has changed drastically. The rules of the priesthood are very different and they sometimes can really get you frustrated. After we finished the Priesthood session of conference, I wanted to go home to Bugasong and enlighten a lot of people for not using their priesthood and making a mock of such a sacred power.
I really regret not paying the most attention to conference when I was little and even in the older years of my youth. There is so much to be learned and so much to be applied to our lives if we just take a couple days and really listen to the words of the prophets and speakers. This week we also had a great couple of dinner appointments with some of the Relief Society members of the branch. They all have had some concerns about the Branch these past few weeks. Our Branch President has been nowhere to be found. We think that he might have quit and run off but that is just some mad gossip, haaha. In other news, the training is really starting to take a toll on me. I really in all ways feel like a father. I really just need him to grow up and take control. It's funny because when it comes to missionary work he is fine but the second we get home or stop doing work he just becomes as a small child. I don't know how much more I can take, haha.
All in all just a good week. I really enjoyed the break we had with conference and can't wait to get back to work. In other news, we are down in Iloilo City today. That is why I did not think that I would be able to email. We have trainers and trainees. Can you believe that it is already half way over of training and then I will be out of Bugasong and on to the rest of my mission. I really can't believe how fast time is flying by. Just know that I love you all and can't wait to see you on mother's day.
Love Elder Swanton
the Pics are of the dinner appointment with Sister Sally and also me just being awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment