Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Baptism's and a pretty solid left hook...

Update from Jacob...

Well family,
This has been one of the best and craziest weeks I think that I might have ever had since I got to the field. Elder Larson and I both agree on that fact. But first I need to say how awesome it was to talk to all of you this last week it was like we were all just sitting in the living room having a conversation. It was also so good to hear from uncles and aunts. I cant believe that it went so well and I can say that it kinda made me a little trunky. But with the week that I just had it will turn all those feelings away and make me think of the reason that I am out here.
Alright so yes Monday I got to Skype the family and that was so cool I cant believe all the stuff that is happening back home and how big all the kids are getting. Mom I am super proud of you for graduating and when I get home you will have to explain the whole college thing to me cause I really don't have any idea of what I am going to do. Alright moving on to Tuesday, we had district meeting and when we came home we had a family home evening at the Galaxia family and that was super fun. Wednesday we really got to work and taught about 7 lessons and we also needed to get sister Judy Anne ready for her baptism that Saturday. It was so fun to see how excited she was and how much the gospel had already changed her life. She said that when she prayed about the Book of Mormon she was hugged by a big blanket of warm and she started to cry a little. And we also visited a bunch of less actives. Thursday we had a youth activity in the morning and that was so fun, we played basketball in the plaza and I had 5 investigators show up and play ball with everyone. Halfway through the games one of the kids asked me were Elder Bontoyan was and I got super nervous because I had not seen him for a while. I told Larson that I was going to go look for him. When I got home I found him in the room and he was not feeling well. We ended up taking the rest of the day off so that he could sleep and get back to work.
Alright now to the second half of Friday, we went down to Magsaysay, Patnongon to teach some of our best investigators. They had invited us down to a fiesta and also we could teach them and their grandpa. Who we had given a Book of Mormon to the last time that we had meet him and he had almost finished it. I was so pumped to see them when we got there some of the appointments fell through but that does not ever stop us so we kept going. When we got to the houses there was so many drunk people. My comp was super nervous but I told him it was fine and that I was bigger than anyone at the whole place. So we went in and started to introduce our selves to the family and it was super fun they were all asking me tons of questions. One drunk guy was super friendly and he was just walking with us and then I asked him to head back over to his friends cause they wanted to keep drinking. He left and we went over and started talking to the grandpa who had read so much. After a while the brother came back and I forgot to mention that he had a cleft pallet so it was impossible to understand him. He was kinda angry and he mumbled something and I could not understand him. When I asked him to say it again he punched me right in the face with a pretty solid left hook. I was a little taken back and then I grabbed his arms and he fell down this little hill. He wanted to keep fighting, so some of his family dragged him back to the house. It was a mess all of my investigators were traumatized and they did not want to be taught anymore. Elder Bontoyan was freaking out saying that we were going to get in so much trouble and I was just telling everyone that it was OK and that I was fine and he would need to hit me a lot harder to hurt me. After the family came and apologized I had to settle the situation and see if we could come back and they said yes just in a while. Well that was just a shot day we got no lessons and no book of Mormons handed out and I got punched in the face haha. I still to this moment just kinda chuckle cause I cant really believe that it happened at all haha. Yes mom, I am alright and it did not really hurt until Sunday night.
Saturday was a great day kinda we had the baptisms in the morning and that was so cool and we all had so much fun. Judy Anne was super nervous but the ocean was perfect and Elder Bontoyan did well for his first baptism. After the baptism he got super sick agian and I really dont know what to think of this kid anymore cause he can go from being the most sick I have ever seen to just being fine and joking around. And to top it all off when we went to church this last Sunday we had our all time high of 67 people come to church and also I had 5 investigators at church. It was super amazing and the hand of the Lord has for sure been in our work this week and L feel lucky that I was able to see it in such big ways. I just have been thinking that the old me would have punched that guy in the face and then I would have going home. But because the Lord knew that all of these people were watching he was able to help me keep my cool.

Alright tell Michael to keep it cool and Ethan you need to get outside my man I have been there but find a sport that you love and dont lie about the grades cause it will come back at you full force. Adee love you and keep being awesome and good job with the soccer, haah that is funny that you scored on yourself but just keep going. Also just make sure that you send some oil viles cause i don't have any and that is the most important tool of a missionary. I love you all and this week has really made me think that there is no there place in the world that I want to be than here in the field with all my brothers serving the Lord and his children.
Love Elder Swanton
"I like rice this much."

With friends.

Cat funeral...don't ask!

Elder Bontoyan's first baptism. He is a PRO!

No comments:

Post a Comment