Tuesday, January 5, 2016

So fast, another transfer day!


My Family,

Well this week was what you would call a hum-dinger. I have never been
so busy in my whole life, but you will all understand why in the next
few paragraphs of this email.

Tuesday I got a call and so did Elder Larson that we would both be
transferring and becoming Zone Leaders in different zones so we should
start our packing and saying goodbye to members. When I was talking to
the APs I remember asking if it was a joke because I just got to Molo
and really did not want to transfer. Things had really started to pick
up and we were having big success in my area. He told me it was not a
joke and I needed to pack up and report to the mission office on
Thursday.

Wednesday was the busiest day I have had in a while, in the morning we
met with our new investigator Jiiwoo. I was able to teach her in
English and it was the best experience, she is so ready for the gospel
and by the end of the lesson she asked us about baptism. Right after
the lesson I headed back to the house and started packing up all my
stuff from the house that I just moved into.The APs called and asked
if me and my comp could head over to the office and work with the new
missionary's that came in and it was so fun to help out this big new
white kid.  We then headed out so that I could say goodbye to all of
my families that I have become really close to here in Molo. This
place has grown on me and I don't want to leave it. Will all the bad
came a lot of good as well.

Thursday Morning was super early, I got to the mission office so that
I could talk with all the elders and sisters that were transferring.
So when the transfer meeting came the tensionwas super high in the room. Then it happened Elder Larson was called
as the North Zone Leader and I was called as the Central Zone Leader
so we are super close to each other. The fun never ends when it comes
to the Bugasong Boys. Also my comp is Elder Robertson he has been here
for a while and he will be teaching me the ropes of the area and how
Zone Leader works.

Saturday we had what is called Mission Leader Council, all the zone
leaders on the island get together and talk about what has happened
the last month and also how we can fix the mission. It was one of the
best things I have been apart of in my whole mission experience. We
have a great plan for how the mission can become the best in the whole
world. It will take a long time and will require a lot of hard work
but all the Zone leaders are up to the task and want to succeed.

Sunday was my First Sunday here in Manduriao and they have the biggest
ward in the whole island. In laymens terms it is super sick cause its
like working with a ward back home and we can get so much work done
here if they want it. Then it was off to meetings with the Stake High
Councilor so we can get the work moving in this stake.

I am so humbled by this calling and it has really helped me see the
missionary that I need to be. I know when I Skyped for Christmas y'all
might have gotten the wrong impression about the work that I have done
over here. In my mission the thing that has driven me is Work hard and
Play hard. I intend to do my best to change the way people think about
my zone and about me as well. The past is gone and tomorrow is always
in front of you.

I love you all and hope that this next week is full of blessing and fun times.

Love your son,
Elder Swanton




No comments:

Post a Comment