Monday, March 9, 2015

Faith in thier footsteps....

Updates from Jacob....

Wow, thanks for the family updates. To start, for the siblings,tell Michael to chill out and to hit some push-up's, cause I am getting yoked over here. Tell Ethan that it's not what you smell like it's how you use your smell to your advantage, ha ha! Like over here, we all use flower perfume cause it smells really good, ha ha. Tell Adde that I love her and to keep being amazing!

Ok, this week has been a really crazy one to be honest. I have really seen the affects of prayer and how the more you study the works and words of the prophets of God the better off in your mission you will be. Dad, I finally took some pictures of what the bedroom looks like. I don't really know how to explain it other than yeah I can fit two beds in it and all we do is sleep in that room cause it is way to hot all day to be there and we are not supposed to be home during the day anyways. Alright, so this week was just a week of preparation. We had five baptisms for Saturday, so we focused all of our attention on those. Not to my surprise one of the girls said she wanted to be baptized later so we said that that was okay and just kept on working with the other four. I feel so good about these 4 girls. They all are so eager to learn and are already talking about when they go to the temple. It has been a really cool experience. Ok, so yeah a lot of prep. We had to go to San Jose to get some baptism clothes because we have none in Bugasong. That took about a whole day because we had to wait for the Zone Leaders to finish teaching at the prison. Anyways, we got the stuff and then we came back and had the interviews of the girls. They all passed with flying colors and were so dang excited. I could not help but smile. They invited the whole village to their baptisms and could just not be happier. Me and my comp also had a little tussle, if that is what you want to call it. He was being super moody so I called him out and asked him why he was acting like a little kid. He just told me to keep talking cause that is all I know how to do. For all those who know me, I don't take too kindly to people saying stuff like that, so instead I decided to go outside to cool down. When I came back downstairs, he apologized and we worked things out.

All in all we ended our week with a bang. On Saturday, we had a total of 5 baptisms in Bugasong, which is so dang cool since as a zone last month we only got 7 baptisms. So yeah, we are doing our part to make this zone a better place. Those were super fun and then we started to plan out what we were going to do on p-day cause it's the last week that all the boys will be together before transfers. It was so sick. We all headed up to Culasi. It is about 2 hours north of Bugasong and we took a little boat out to an island called Marilison. It was so sick, like I don't think that I will ever go to somewhere that sick again. Anyways, here is some pics of the last week.
Love you all!
Elder Swanton
PS: I forgot to say I was able to weight myself today and to say that I might have lost some weight is an understatement. I am 40 pounds down and don't worry the next time you all see me I will be so dang good looking! Ha ha.
My spacious sleeping quarters

Good eats

Baptism's - so cool


Not a bad view

Trying to catch the setting sun....

Fish and some other stuff???

Island trip

Sick boat

Me and Comp


Holy rock

No comments:

Post a Comment