Monday, March 16, 2015

It's like de javu all over again!!!

Update from Jacob...

Okay, here we go mom, this will be a very informative email. First, I will answer all of your questions. What happened with transfers is that Me and Elder Larson are training and we both headed down to Iloilo to get them Wednesday night. The next morning, it was just like a flashback for me; just the whole getting there for the first time and meeting everyone. We both got our Batas or children that we would be training and they are both so sick. My new companion's name is Elder Bontoyan and he is from Palawan, a little island off the coast of Panay. He speaks the language already so that was nice.  O yeah, I got a bunch of new pants from Elder Orr. He was the super tall Canadian that was in Sibalom and believe it or not mom I am down to a 40 waist and it is so amazing to see some results. That is 4 whole inches off the waist and I won't be stopping anytime soon.

So this week was one of the best weeks I have had since I have gotten to the field. It's crazy to think that I am already done with all my training and that I am training a kid now. It feels good to know that I can lead the area. We have already found so many new people to teach. My bata is not afraid to talk to anyone he wants to; all the time and all times of the day. Sometimes, I have to tell him to slow down cause we have a lesson to get to and he just wants to stay in an area and get new investigators. Man these three days have been better than all of my whole training. It's crazy to see that the moment that you have the Spirit with you all the time how many miracles can happen in just one day.

Well, that is about all that has happened to me. Just tell the family that I love all of them and will try to email all of them. Micheal, I love ya man and keep up the good work. You look a little thicker already. You better keep working out. I'm gonna try to hit my max bench tomorrow and see if I can get 395, but we will see. I love you Adee and Ethan and make sure you are both good for mom and dad. Mom and Dad, I love you and it's crazy to think how fast the time has gone already. Just to think that in no time at all I will be coming home, but in the meantime, the Lord has some people that he needs me to teach. 
Love,  Elder Swanton


My new comp is Elder Bontoyan from Palawan

Can you find someone hiding in this picture?

No comments:

Post a Comment