Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Leave it all on the field


Dear Family,

This week was a good one full of splits with other Elders and really getting a feeling for our area.

Tuesday after District meeting I was able to head back to my old area in Molo and it was the most fun I have had in a while. Elder Rassmussen and I headed out to work. He is from Utah and we hit it off real quick. Turns out his dad loves the whole Enduro-Cross thing and they watch all the Erzburg Rodeo movies to. So we spent the day talking about bikes and what our favorite trails were in the state. I was also able to show him the whole area because he is new to the area. It was so good to see all of my old members and see how much they missed me. It is always nice to be remembered and loved hahah. I will be headed back next week to give a baptismal date to a sister that I found during my time there. She has now progressed to baptism, no work will go unnoticed.

Wednesday me and the comp went out and it must have been the hottest day in human history. My skin went from tan to pink in minutes and the next thing we both know we were dead from the heat. The rest of the day was full of ice water and teaching some of our less actives. In our area they are the gold mine that lead to baptisms and bringing people back to the church for their eternal sake. 

Thursday I went on splits with Elder Hallmark my batch mate from Provo. It was really fun to be able to see how we all progress differently. He was assigned on the other end of the island for a long time and I have been in the city for a good long time now. Anyway in the beginning of our missions we did not get along but as we both became more focused on the work we had a super fun day of work in my area. We visited one of my moms here in the area and she gave us some life advice haha they love telling us what we need to do in life to become successful. 

Saturday we had Stake Conference and it was the best I have been to in a long time. We were able to hear from the President of the Cebu Temple and also Elder Perez of the Seventy. I learned so much about our duty to the temple and how the temple should be full and fully working until the day of the second coming. We have a very important work to do. All the Elders I am going to room with made a pact we would get to the temple once a week for the our time in school. We want to do our part in the establishing of the kingdom and we have missed out on two years of temple visits. Its really hard because sometimes I feel that is all I need is just a trip to the temple. To feel that special spirit and get back into the work of the Lord. But we have to find that somewhere else here in our mission. Bet your bottom dollar that after the mission I will be spending alot of time in the Temple. 

Sunday was Stake Conference Part 2. We did not actually get to listen because there was so many people we could not fit in. So we stayed int the office and talked about transfers and what my next area will most likely be. Its crazy to think my next area will be my last and then its off to the cold arctic tundra of Cache Valley. 

The goal now is to prepare for the next part of the mission. To leave it all behind as they say. I have close to six months left to give it all I have and leave it all there on the field. I want to get on that plane and have only good things to think about on the way home to my family. 
Elder Swanton






 

No comments:

Post a Comment