Sunday, June 12, 2016

Rain came down, floods came up.


Dear Family,

First off I just want to wish all my family members who have birthdays in June Happy Birthday. Just so I don't forget them I am sorry it I do. But I love ya all the same. 

What a week we have had here on the other side of the world. Rainy season is officially here so I will need to get an umbrella or I will continue to get soaked everyday witch in the long run is not that bad. It keeps you very cool for the rest of the day. I have learned a lot about what it takes to succeed and how easy it is to fail this week. 

 

Tuesday after district meeting we headed out to one of our favorite burunguys to do some tracting. It ended up being super sweet. One of the members in the area came with us and he introduced us to some former investigators. The next thing I know we are teaching a big group of people and in the end we picked up four new investigators in one lesson. Me and my comp were so happy that we stopped and got some Coconuts and drank away haha. The rest of the night we taught a bunch of less actives and recent converts, I think my comp must have drank some bad water because on the way home he was complaining of stomach problems. 

 

Wednesday and Thursday are the aftermath of a very upset chun "stomach". We did not get to leave because my comp was on the toilet every other hour praying for relief. The good news is I was able to catch up on all my journal entries and also the reading I was behind on. I have also started my work out plan for the last six months of the mission. I still have about 30 pounds to shed before I hit the valley back home. 

Saturday we went out early and headed up to the farthest part of our area. We have some recent converts that live out there and the tracting is always fun and a good chance to meet new people. One thing lead to another and we were hanging out with a big group of drunk people eating all the food they had. My comp was loving it as they tried to speak English and we were eating some super good food. We did in the end get to share a message with the less drunk people and they loved the fact that I can speak their language as they can. After that the rain came down and the floods came up, we were walking in knee deep water just soaked to the bone with some cold water. I love this time I have to get into all these crazy situations.

 

Sunday went well as we had two new people show up and attend all the classes. After church we worked with some members and ended up having a great time talking to a bunch of people and teaching close to 8 lessons. The ward is finally starting to help us in our work after 4 long weeks of doing everything by ourselves. 

I think that just about sums up the week in a nut shell, this week we will be heading down to Iloilo for a multi zone conference. I love you all and hope you have the best week ever. 
Love,
Elder Swanton

No comments:

Post a Comment