Monday, September 26, 2016

Never give up hope


Dear Family,

Well another week down and not to many left on the old countdown list. I really don't know were the time is going anymore it feels like just yesterday I was emailing home my week and now here we are again. 

Tuesday we had some crazy rain that really slows down the work but even with the rain we were able to get out and find some new people to teach. We have been working with the members a lot latley so that when we meet new people they have a fellow shipper right off the bat. Our favorite member is Brother Elmer he is the one in pics with the glasses on. His testimony is so strong and he always just wants to get after it and find new people. Honestly when I work with brother Elmer he gives me the extra spark everyday to get out and do everything I can to help people come unto Christ. 


 

Wednesday was a pretty big day, Elder Larson and I attended our last Zone Training and it was a pretty good one to end it off. It was funny because me and Larson are at least 10 to 15 months older in the mission than almost all the elders and sisters in our zone. I guess it just means that its time to head back to the wind whipped valley of Cache that I call home. Right after the training my Comps both started to feel really sick so we headed home and they slept it off. I had a feeling that the whole house would end up getting sick but we tried our best to stay clean. 

Thursday, Friday,and Saturday we are all sick as dogs. I really don't know what the heck is happening these days. All my mind wants to do is work as hard as I can to finish my mission in the right way. But my body is really taking some sick days these past two weeks. 

 

Sunday we had a couple miracles happen as we dragged our sick bodies to church. About half way through sacrament a sister walked in that turned out to be a former investigator that we had dropped a month or two ago. She was always hiding but she decided to come to church with her kids. Bishop called us into his office and there she was in tears and he said to us that we need to start teaching her. I just said yes and we scheduled a teaching time and I told her that this is the right thing for her to do at this time. The spirit in the room was so strong and I have a great feeling about the teaching appointment. 

Love you all and hope you have a great week, 
Elder Swanton

No comments:

Post a Comment