Sunday, September 4, 2016

Not counting days...


Dear Family,

First of Happy birthday old man, I hope you had a great day. I can only imagine how the cold weather must be getting to you right now. Hopefully next year for your birthday we can get out on the mountain bikes and ride some single track. I love you dad and can't wait to get home and spend some time with the family. 

Well we have almost gotten into the rhythm of missionary work in our area. Everyday when we go out to work we see so many people that the Lord has placed in our path. Its funny because at the beginning of my mission I never noticed how many chances we have to make someones day and life so much better. 

 

Tuesday we were able to go on splits with the Zone Leaders and it was a great time to get into another area and see how the rest of the zone is doing. As we were working I just reflected on how far I have come since I was a Zone Leader here in this very zone. I worked with Elder Madrid and we had a good time teaching some of their investigators the first lesson and then hitting some tracting in the middle of this huge rainstorm. To say that the whole day I was soaking wet would be somewhat of an understatement. We ended the night be heading back to our area for a huge birthday party for Nanay Palma. It was so much fun getting to know all of her non member family and being able to slowly share the gospel through our experiences as missionaries. 

Wednesday Elder Billings and I headed out early to scout out our new apartment. We met with the owner and went over contract details and what time we would be moving in to the new house. It went great and hopefully this week we will be able to move in and really get to the full schedule of missionary work. Later in the day we attended a conference with President Cruz. He taught the whole zone on how we need to keep our selves worthy of the calling and how a companionship can if obedient call upon the powers of heaven to get the work moving in their area. I also gave a small training on how to keep a clean house because me and my comp have now helped the mission clean out three houses infested with Dengue mosquitoes. It went great and I hope our zone pulls together so we can see the numbers rise as well as the work have more meaning. 
 

Thursday we got to our area and taught one of our new investigators. Sister Juneah is the daughter of a long time less active but after we taught the restoration to them they both committed to come to church and take the sacrament. We are hoping to see Sister Juneah baptized before the end of September. Then we had to head home to watch Elder Tracy who had been running a high fever all day. The other two Aps had to get to their appointments to me and Elder Billings headed home to watch the sick man. 

Friday and Saturday were so much fun because we got to teach a ton of people the Gospel and they all made commitments to come to church and follow the gospel. Brother Arthur is an investigator and he is so solid it is crazy. We teach him the lesson and he does not forget a single things and every time we teach him the spirit is so strong I have almost been brought to tears when he prays for guidance and help in his life. We also were able to visit so many less actives and I love getting to know people and hear their stories of life. It makes it that much easier for us as missionary to help them see that the more they live the Commandments of God the better their lives tend to be. 

 

Sunday is always the best day of the week. I guess in the begging of a mission P day would be the best day but now I love Sundays because you get to see how your hard work pays off. I gave a talk on the Gift of the holy ghost and how as members we need to be worthy for him to always be with us. It was sweet because we had 4 investigators that came to church and listened to the messages of the speakers and they all seemed to feel good about it. After church we had a lesson with Sister Madalene, she will be baptized this next coming week. I would have to say we have the best investigators in the mission they all understand so well and just never give up in their search for truth. 

To tell yall the truth I don't know how many days I have left and it will stay that way until the day I have to go home. I love my mission and don't want it to end. President Cruz was joking with me that the way our work is right now I should extend hahah then we both laughed and said 24 months will do just fine. I miss and love you all. 

Love, 
Elder Swanton

No comments:

Post a Comment